Friday, March 12, 2010

Conservative Consumtion

The purpose of this blog is to provide an outlet for my own response to the daily grind of our society. However, I welcome comments and hope that the blog can also be an educational source for topics on which I am more familiar with. However, readers should note that I will not be an expert on many of the topics I post about and therefore they should use their own conservative judgement about the information. While I am not a conservative in the political sense. I contend that through conservative consumption of products and information we can help make the world a better place. I hope to challenge you to think locally about current events and try to make connections between global problems and local actions. An obvious example is climate change. While climate change may not harm everyone on the planet (certainly not the wealthy), everyone can benefit from some of the solutions to this problem. Ratcheting down your consumption of all goods (stop wasting things) is more efficient for your own personal budget. Using green energy sources (e.g. solar and wind) and low impact transportation means (bike, walk, bus) will reduce local pollution in addition to the reduction in global CO2 emissions. I think you can see the bend of this blog and I hope you keep reading. I will try to make regular (weekly) posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment